It is with great joy that public worship is able to resume at Holy Trinity Church! However adhering to government guidelines, we are having to limit the numbers of those attending and implement a booking system – we really don’t want to turn people away.
To save on administration we have created an online portal using SignUp.com and in 3 easy steps all you have to do is:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: CLICK HERE (or the button below)
2) Review when you would like to attend church worship and what dates/times are available.
3) Choose a spot and enter your details.
(you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com and SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone)
By signing up to attend a service you agree to adhere to social distancing, to sanitise your hands upon entry and exit and to participate in the ‘track and trace’ system. Government guidelines is to WEAR A FACECOVERING if in an enclosed space where social distancing isn’t possible. If you are feeling unwell DO NOT ATTEND. Please be responsible, safe and understanding.
This is all a journey of discovery for each of us and while this is not necessarily how we would have liked to open up for public worship, this is not being done to make life harder for you but to make sure that the Church, yourself and others are, as far as possible, Covid-19 secure. We hope that you can understand this. The seven page risk assessment is available to view in the church porch.
We will continue to stream our worship to our website and Facebook page and there is no pressure to come back to church – only do so if you feel comfortable. If you’d like to come back, when you book please be mindful of others – we’re not able to limit how many times and when you can book. Please be respectful and responsible.
Pattern of worship
- 1st Sunday 10.30am – Holy Communion (with guest preacher)
- 1st Sunday 6pm – BCP Evening Prayer
- 2nd Sunday 10.30am – Second Sunday Praise
- 2nd Sunday 6pm – BCP Holy Communion
- 2nd Thursday 6pm – Compline (Night Prayer)
- 3rd Sunday 10.30am – Holy Communion
- 3rd Sunday 6pm – BCP Evening Prayer
- 4th Sunday 10.30am – Prayer and Prasie
- 4th Sunday 6pm – Cetlic Worship OR BCP Evensong
- 5th Sunday 10.30am – Holy Communion
- 5th Sunday 6pm – Team service OR BCP Evening Prayer
What will worship in church look like?
- Wear a face covering when entering.
- When you enter church, only one person or those in a ‘bubble’ can be in the porch at any one time.
- Sanitise your hands upon entry – this is a MUST.
- When safe to do so go up to the steward and give your contact details as a part of the ‘track and trace’ system.
- A collection plate will be at the back if you wish to make a donation. It will not go round during the service.
- We understand there are pinch points at the back of church and down the aisle – please try and keep as socially distant as possible as you find a seat.
- Try and fill the church from the front pew in the nave (not the choir stalls) – don’t assume you’re ‘usual’ seat will be available.
- We’ve tried to make it that markers on the pews are placed with 2 metres between them but this isn’t possible with all of them. You might be nearer 1 metre to someone. If you are not comfortable with this please let the Warden on duty know and we can work somthing out.
- We’re not telling you where to sit, we’re treating you as adults – be sensible and respectful!
- We won’t be handing out orders of service but you are welcome to print off the one on our Friday email or view the PDF on your mobile.
- The order of service should be available to view on the screen at the front (except for BCP services). We hope you will be able to read it – this is still a learning curve for us.
- There will be no public singing for the time being but that doesn’t mean there won’t be music to listen to.
- The Peace is definitely a non-contact sport!
- The giving and receiving of communion will be done in a safe and appropriate manner (placed onto your hand) and will be in one kind only (i.e. the host). If you would prefer not to receive the sacrament that is absolutely fine.
- To receive, we are asking one row to come forward at a time and to follow the markers on the floor. Please be mindful of social distancing.
- At the end of service as you leave, again be aware of those around you and adhere to social distancing.
- Sanitise your hands as you leave.
We will be continually monitoring how all this works out and if any changes are needed. Please bear with us. We recognise that it will require a period of adjustment and will be a challenge. We are nevertheless looking forward to beginning the next steps in our journey together.